WHAT IS MINDFLEX FOR SENIORS?
MindFlex is about brain and body fitness. It is a program focused on strength, stability, movement, mobility and cognitive ability designed to improve quality of life.
WHY IS AT DESERT CROSSFIT GOOD FOR SENIORS?
Science has proven that regular exercise is one of the most important factors in healthy aging and is one of the best things you can do for your brain and body. It has many known benefits, including reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes, strengthening the bones and muscles and reducing stress. Studies show that physically active adults are less likely to experience a decline in their mental function and have a lowered risk of developing Alzheimer’s, dementia and Parkinson’s disease.
MindFlex workouts are designed to include movements used in everyday life and modified to fit your specific needs. Everyone in class welcomes you and cheers you on. You are part of a community that cares and supports the activities you’re involved in. This encouraging atmosphere inspires and builds confidence to empower you to achieve results never thought possible.
MindFlex for Seniors is the fusion of physical training and cognitive exercises, designed to add years to your life AND life to your years.
- Maintain independence and self-reliance, reduce feelings of isolation, improve mood
- Increase overall health: improve heart and brain function, increase bone density, reduce risk of stroke and diabetes
- Improve mobility, flexibility and balance, reduce the risk of injury
- Improve cognition / slow cognitive decline, build new brain pathways
- Add high quality of life to your years, improve sleep, increase sex drive, regain active lifestyle